Unit 204 – Principles of safeguarding and protection in well being and social care
Don’t waste time Get a verified expert to help you with Essay
The numbers within the bracket after every query relate to the evaluation standards within the requirements UNIT 4222-205
1. Define the next types of abuse: (1.1.1)
see more:reviews into critical failures to guard people from abuse
• Sexual abuse
Sexual abuse is the forcing of undesired sexual behaviour by one particular person upon another • Emotional/psychological abuse
Emotional/psychological abuse could contain threats or actions to trigger psychological or physical harm; humiliation; voilation
• Financial abuse
Financial abuse is the unlawful or unauthorised use of a person’s money, property, pension guide or other valuables.
• Institutional abuse
Institutional abuse includes failure of an organisation to supply appropriate and professional individual companies to weak individuals. It could be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behavior that amount to discrimination by way of unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness, stereotyping and rigid techniques.
• Self neglect
Self-neglect is a behavioural condition by which an individual neglects to take care of their primary needs, such as personal hygiene, feeding, clothes, or medical conditions they may have.
• Neglect by others
Neglect is a passive form of abuse in which the wrongdoer is responsible to provide care, for somebody, who’s unable to care for oneself, but fails to provide enough care to satisfy their wants. Neglect may embrace failing to supply enough supervision, nourishment, medical care or other wants.
2. Identify the signs and/or symptoms related to each kind of abuse (1.1.2)
3. Describe factors that will contribute to a person being more weak to abuse (1.
4. Explain the actions to take if there are suspicions that an individual is being abused (2.2.1)
5. Explain the actions to take if a person alleges that they’re being abused (2.2.2)
6. Identify methods to ensure that evidence of abuse is preserved (2.2.3)
7. Identify nationwide policies and local methods that relate to safeguarding and protection from abuse (3.3.1)
8. Explain the roles of different agencies in safeguarding and protecting people from abuse (3.3.2)
9. Identify stories into severe failures to guard people from abuse (3.three.3)
10. Identify sources of data and recommendation about own position in safeguarding and defending people from abuse (3.3.4)
11. Explain how the probability of abuse may be decreased by: (4.4.1)
a. person-centred values
b. lively participation
c. selling selection and rights
12. Explain the importance of an accessible complaints procedure for decreasing the likelihood of abuse (4.four.2)
13. Describe unsafe practices that may affect the wellbeing of individuals (5.5.1)
14. Explain the actions to take if unsafe practices have been identified
15. Describe the motion to take if suspected abuse or unsafe practices have been reported but nothing has been accomplished in response (5.5.3)