Contribution of American to the Philippines
Don’t waste time Get a verified expert to help you with Essay
1. Independence – America helped the Philippines to remove the Spaniards within the country thus serving to the Filipinos to finish the affected by the Spanish reign. This was the first step of the nation to face on their very own and start a brand new starting. 2. Government -we tailored and patterned a few of our constitution with the Americans’. three Sports – Filipino favorite sport had been basketball, and other international sports activities as a substitute of the nationwide sports which is sipa. 4. Western type of clothes – this was additionally tailored as it’s evident with the unconventional change from the conservative Maria Clara to the daring trends of trend of the modern era
5. Communication – The Americans brought English, the lingua franca of the fashionable world 6. Principles – progressive liberal ideologies corresponding to egalitarianism, democracy and equality 7. Education – they endowed an educational system patterned after that of the U.S. They sent educators in the Philippines which are often identified as Thomasites. However, American fashion of re-education was amero-centric in nature, inflicting Philippine society to self stigmatize itself in favor of American-centered products and ideologies.
Effects of American Colonization in the Philippines.
Effects of American Colonization in the Philippines.The results of American imperialism on the Philippines are numerous. Some, however, stand out, most notably the installation of an American-style democracy and the prevalentattitude that anything American is “good”. Many of those in lowland Philippines, and many of the Christian population, for that matter, grew up in an increasing Americanizedsociety. The following American affect within the Philippines says all of it:
1. Government -Partisan politics was one of the influences of the Americans on our authorities. Partisan politics means a politics that’s devoted to or biased in support of a certain celebration, group or cause. Another impact of Americans within the authorities is the implementation of municipal elections. But after the creation of bicameral legislature, the election in the Philippines turned to be just like the election of the Americans. Electors began to spend a lot just to win the election, and so they began to assume about their very own personal welfare as an alternative of the welfare of the Filipino people.
Thus most of the American’s political practices have been soon found in the Philippine archipelago. But this doesn’t mean that Americans contributed unfavorable results on our government but as a substitute we realized the intricate equipment of the federal government, we learned the means to make and governs laws. 2. Religion -During the Spanish colonization, the Filipino individuals had been pressured to convert their faith into Christianity (Roman Catholic). But after the colonization of the Spanish, Americans got here and altered the faith into Protestantism which was the religious beliefs of the Americans. But in a while, the Americans adopted the Roman Catholic Christianity after its invasion in the Philippines on July 4, 1946. Another is the institution of the Iglesiani Cristo Church by Felix Manalo.
And Jehovah’s Witnesses began to evangelise from one home to another. three. Economic and Livelihood -The economic growth of the Philippines beneath the Americans may be attributed to free trade relations that the Americans imposed upon the nation. Philippine merchandise have been additionally allowed to enter American markets free of duty inside quota limits. four. Arts, Culture and Tradition -Filipino people started to adopt the American trend assertion using hats, lengthy sleeved garments and long sleeved polo inside it with matching neck ties for males. Another is the artwork of Oil Paintings which is the method of painting with pigments which would possibly be bound with a medium of drying oil. Red Blood Paint was additionally introduced which is a darkish paint, also known as alizarin crimson school.
5. Transportation -A lot of transportation was introduced by the Americans to the Philippines, some are submarine, caretellas, railways, historical bull carts, cars, and so on. 6. Social Structure -Americans introduced the three class-models which incorporates the rich (wide array of elite groups), middle class (ambiguously outlined social classes) and the poor (group that suffers from poverty). 7. System of Education -Schools were constructed for the Filipino citizen that teaches about the good formation including the rights and duties of each person.
American Colonial Policy
– They promised to coach the Filipinos in Democracy and Self-Government. They need the Philippines to stand on its own as a free and impartial nation. – They shared power with the Filipinos within the authorities. Human Rights had been protected. They developed the economy, improved hygiene and sanitation, and launched the public school system.
Contribution of Americans to the Philippines
1. Ecomonic Progress:
– Population Explosion
– New Land Policy
– Agriculture Increase
– Free Trade America
– Business Flourished
– New Industries
– Improvements of Transportation and Communication
– Better Budget
– New Banks
– International Exhibitions and Meetings
Economic Problems( NEGATIVE)
– We bought our uncooked supplies cheap and acquired costly manufactured goods from America.
– Colonial Mentality
– Labor and peasant unrest spread in Nineteen Twenties and 1930s
– American Capitalists and businessmen controlled the model new corporations.
– Filipino values like “pagmamano” was changed by saying HI or HELLO.
– Filipino meals like “bibingka and suman” have been replaced by American meals like hotdog and French fries.
Other American Contributions
– Religious Freedom
– Training in Democracy
– Free Education
– Better Health Service
– Introduction of the English Language
– Free Press
– Democratic Family Life and Social Classes
– Emancipation of Women
– Recreation, Movies, Theater, Arts and Science
Contribution of Spanish to the Philippines
– Education- Science – Entertainment
– Agriculture- Manner of Dressing- Architecture
– Spanish Names (Trece Martires, La Trinidad,Aurora, La Union,Nueva Ecija)
– Arts, Music and Literature (folk dance)
– Language(nanay/nantl, tatay/tatle,abokado/avocado) – Religion(roman catholic)
– Food (afritada,Estopado,Escabeche, pastel de lengua) –
Spaniards introduced different forms of leisure like:
– Cockfighting- Flores de Mayo
– Moro- moro- Santacruzan
– Zarzuela- Duplo
– Balagtasan- Different type of card games
Reasons for Colonization: The 3 Gs (Spanish)
GOD – the conversion of natives to Christianity
GOLD- accumulation of gold or wealth
GLORY- supremacy of spain over potugal as a superpower
Social and Cultural Influences of the Spanish
– The natives refused to forged off their indigenous cultural heritage and accommodated European artwork, literature, rituals and practices solely after some modification. – Use of Gregorian calendar
– Alphabet- dressing- burial pratices- marriage ceremony practices
– Changes in names- adoption of fiesta-cuisine
– western architecture (cottas or fortress, churches ”modified Romanseque style”, antillen house
– Language( chavacano,cebuano)
– Painting (Juan Luna and Felix Resurreccion Hidalgo)
– Sculpture (retablos, relleves “carved photographs in relief”)
– Graphic arts (estampas, La Illustraccion Filipina)
Negative options of the Spanish Colonial Government in the Philippines
The indigenous inhabitants was relocated into settlements whereas conquistadors, friars and native nobles have been granted estates in exchange for their companies to the King, They got the privilege to collect tribute from its inhabitants. In return, the encomienda were to provide navy protection to the inhabitants; however, the system was abused and was largely changed by administrative provinces by 1700.
The encomienda system of government used by Spain was disliked by the inhabitants, which resulted in uprisings. A system of forced labor was also a results of the encomienda system of government. Encomienda – was a legal system that was employed mainly by the Spanish crown during thecolonization of the Americas to control Native American labor.