How to Write a Common App Essay
Entering a college calls for persistence, curiosity, articulation and talent. A common application essay will make it possible to reveal all your talents, background and acquired knowledge. Every student should be well aware of how to write such types of papers. As a rule, there is no difference for the teachers what topic you are going to choose. The only thing that really matters is that your topic is meaningful to you.
How to Start a Common App Essay
Starting to write such an essay is rather easy. All you need to do is focus on your keen interests, likes, preferences and talents. The term paper is not about boasting your skills or showing off. Yet, you need to point out your key advantages and background on a particular topic. Therefore, choosing an interest style of talking about yourself, basically, selling yourself is of great significance.
Common App Essay Topics and Examples
- Describe a person you admire.
- Why do you want to attend this school?
- What is a book you love?
- What is an extracurricular activity that has been meaningful to you?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Who is your favorite actor?
- Who is your favorite politician?
- How does a failure affect you?
- Compare decisions you made while challenging a belief
- Discuss a formal event
- Discuss an informal event
- Share your background
- What subjects are you good at?
- Who affects your actions in family?
- What is your favorite art form?
- Describe your ideal lecture
- How will you make friends with your classmates?
- What is the most defining event in your life?
- What can influence your choice?
Common App Essay Outline and Format
A common app essay does not have a strict outline. Nevertheless, it is supposed to be well-organized and structured. Use a traditional outline featuring such defined sections as:
- Body Paragraph