How to Write an Exploratory Essay
Such type of essay can appear to be a tough challenge especially when it comes to school and college students. That is why a term paper is more commonly assigned to university students. Nevertheless, you will certainly find our tips and examples rather handy. The main aim of such paper is to teach you to cite facts as precisely as possible. You need to be focused on accomplishing your main mission described in the paper.
How to Start an Exploratory Essay
The idea of the paper is to proceed with the topic exploration through a detailed research and analysis. Try to think of it as if you were assigned to write an article in a popular newspaper or magazine instead of considering it your educational task. And you will certainly get it! Set the context and help your reader understand the main idea.
Exploratory Essay Topics and Examples
- Will it be possible to provide the world with enough energy from renewable power sources?
- Should there be a greater responsibility of First World countries to provide better health care to Third World countries?
- Is it necessary to have reproductive technologies or are they acting as a shopping list for parents who want to customize the genetic make-up of their offspring?
- Are computers better at teaching than actual human teachers?
- Will eyesight be negatively affected by using E-readers and tablets?
- With greater numbers of people looking to find love, are social experiments such as TV shows that marry people at first sight a good idea?
- Is the ability to clone heading towards a race of “human” look-alikes?
- Is it ethical to do gene screening?
- Is technology a danger or a solution to our society and our health?
- How will the rest of the world be able to influence the reduction of emissions from high polluting companies such as India and China?
- Are we doing too many high tech tests in our health care system? Do these tests really make for better health care?
- How do we balance the need for good health care with the continually increasing cost of health care drug and testing technologies?
- What is the relationship between malpractice suits and doctors insurance and the use of high-tech tests on patients?
- Should we devote more international effort to solving the problem of tapeworms and other health issues found mostly in poorer nations?
- How can our health resource dollars be distributed more evenly?
- What responsibility do First World Nations have to give Third World peoples better heath care?
- Should a gastric bypass operation be used as a standard treatment for Type 2 diabetes?
- Are we relying on expensive health technologies like surgery and drugs to cure things that should be taken care of by better lifestyle choices like good diets and exercise?
- How does egg and sperm donation affect family relationships?
- Should egg and sperm donors have a role in the life of a child?
Exploratory Essay Outline and Format
The structure of an exploratory essay is easier than you may have thought. It includes basic points featuring:
- Introduction (describe the main objective)
- A Hook Question
- Body (use all necessary sources and data to accomplish your objective)
- Conclusion (sum up the results)