Health Services System Management
Assignment #2 – Report
Durham Mental health services started their companies in yr 1987 and this is a not worthwhile organization. That provide their providers to the people and families who are suffering from psychological sickness and who wants every day assistance of their Activities of Daily Living (ADL). They render their providers all through the Durham region.
This organization raises awareness amongst public regarding psychological well being illness, aid those individuals who reside with this discrimination, present companies for elderly folks, and render companies to the neighborhood.
Durham Mental well being services is accredited by the Accreditation Canada. This organization is funded by the Central East Local Health Integration Network (CE -LHIN), the Ministry of Long -term health Care (MOLTH) and by Durham area division of social providers (Durham Mental Health companies – Home web page 2019)
The purposes of the report are as listed under:
- Develop a proper channel of co mmunication to ascertain the outreach program with the other group members.
- To develop a full -fledged SWOT analysis, to make the outreach program profitable.
- To learn about the program more in detail, for figuring out its outcomes.
- To know earlier in regards to the m erits and demerits of the program earlier than its implementation technique.
- To find out the choice options for the obstacles or obstructions that comes in the course of the implementation strategy.
Seniors help program :
It is a holistic program that render their services to the individuals aged 55+
who want assistance in their every day routine work as a end result of they become unable to do their work. This program is run by a multi -disciplinary team, usually headed by a Nurse co -ord inator (Durham Mental Health companies – Home page 2019)
- The people who needs a caregiver, to make them really feel comfortable
- People who feels lonely
- Feeling depressed and anxious all the time
- People who’re unable to do their every day routine tasks appropriately
The help providers that are provided in the organization are as described beneath:
- Physical health help: In this, the care is given to the people who are affected by the well being problems that have an result on their bodies like diabetes, blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases etcetera.
- Counselling: In this, the counsellor offers counselling to the needy individuals who desires external help to type out their issues of day by day lives or the drug addicts who wants to leave that life – threatening habit to make their future brilliant.
- Diversional therapies help: Under this, the seniors are provided with the social support service, so as to divert their minds from the daily schedules and also leisure actions are additionally their like d ancing, singing etcetera t make their life extra cherished.
- Personal help companies inside a particular time frame includes preserve their private hygiene, assist them in dressing up, the seniors who’re physically disabled support them in mobility etcet period (Durham Mental Health Services -Home page,2019)
- Nurse practitioners
- Social assist worker
- Mental and behavioral health provider
- Physician assistants
- Alternative medical practitioners
- Nutritional specialists
For the successful completion of this system, the goal is people aged 55+, who requires assistance for fulfilling their daily routine tasks fully. They should focus not solely on few people however on complete population. Their main aim is to prevent the onset of sickness by serving to the senior folks to adopt a wholesome life-style.
Legislations and rules have to be thought-about:
PHIPA (Personal Health Information and Protection Act):
This act was established in year 2004.
This act explains the rules for the gathering, use and disclosure of the private information of a person. This is to make the entire data of an individual confidential to avoid the case of privacy breech.
PIPEDA (The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act):
This act was applied in yr 2000. Under this, the individuals have the complete authority to entry their data at an ytime and ask any query related to the data supplied in a particular doc from the organization.
FIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act):
Established in yr 2018 . This act explains that the person has the proper to acces s the data from the organization and to guard the privacy of the people, so that there are reduced chances of breech.
The Privacy Act:
This act is established by the Federal authorities and it describes how an establishment can acquire, use and disclose the non-public info of an individual and when a person desires, he can access his info and likewise make corrections in that.
STRENGTHS WEAKNESS OPPORTUNITIES THREATS
- Raises the capacity constructing by fostering the data amongst public that will make this system successful.
- Appropriate time administration for these who are volunteering particularly the scholars might be a weakness on this program for delivering enough companies to the common public.
- More emphatic and easily approachable services will be offered to the elderly individuals.
- If the organization’s budgetary outlay received disturbed due to some crisis, then it’ll become dangerous for this system directors to run it repeatedly.
- Helps in making acceptable selections that will help the healthcare staff for rendering services to the elder age group. Gender drawback like if the volunteer is a feminine, she has to take care of her kids also, so she will spend much less time on selling health, this could have a unfavorable impression on the program.
- A extra supportive,empathetic and caring development of the professionals will be created that can look after the wants of the seniors.
- If the technique of the program is not deliberate carefully(some error persists), then it’s going to disturb the whole process.
- Proves to be helpful in figuring out about the needs and alternatives for an issue among the many seniors results in multi -sectoral collaboration(Hyunh,T.M.,2019)
- External elements like cash and the utility of actions in a specific geographical space can disturb the extent of involvement of people(StatisticsCanada, 2015)
- The volunteers will get a good alternative to follow in healthcare setting, will be trained and additionaly is aware of the means to work in collaborative manner as a staff (DurhamMental Healthservices, 2019)
- If there may be insufficient knowledge in regards to the outreach program, within the locality the place the companies are offered, it will hamper the whole agenda (McKinsey& Company, 2001)
- Strategy: In this some pre -planned actions and planning is to be done to implement the program efficiently like full description of this system.
- Identifying the stakeholders: In this we will recognize the interior stakeholders (social employee, staff) and the exterior stakeholders (non -profitable organizations).
- Description of the whole setting : In this one will get to know about the complete space where the program is to be conducted. If it’s exterior location, then the situation must be complete secured and if inside then correct venue description, date and time and correct demographical description of the locality.
- Raising funding: In this, the financial help is required so one can take assist of the stakeholders for the profitable implementation of the program. Then after it divide the whole budgetary outlay correctly so that each one the required possessions are there in this system.
- Identify the success elements: The success elements will help in the profitable completion of the project. This may be accomplished by matrix tracking.
- Capacity constructing: Under this, the services are delivered. This could be carried out by rising consciousness among the many public that can in the end results in increment in the members.
- Review: In this final step, we will monitor the whole course of and share the whole result with different members (Bissoondial, 2019).
Recommendation 1: Before initiating the program, focus on with the whole healthcare group and the stakeholders in regards to the program’s tips in order that each and every person really feel confident about the outreach program, to make a strong professional bonding between one another and to develop a feeling of mutual trust between the whole staff.
Recommendation 2: Before the imple menting technique, utterly know in regards to the people who are residing in that geographical area to make inter -personal communication bonding better. The healthcare team ought to know that what sort of ailments are current in that location so that they are often properly trained to make their companies extra efficient and value -effective.
Recommendation 3: During the action part, a variety of the healthcare personnel should visit the whole space and see that each one group persons are getting these services or not. If some el derly purchasers who can not go to that place, personally go to them and based on the scenario give remedial motion for that.
After the completion of the whole program, consider that space in order to know to what extent the program is successful? If there are some limitations work on that for the accomplishment of the task.
- Bissoondial, R. (2019). INFO 6064 FOL. Retrieved on Feb 6, 2019 from Bissoondial, R. (2019).
- INFO 6064 FOL. Retrieved on Feb 6, 2019 from Durham Mental Heal th Services (2019).
- Annual report 2017 -2018. Retrieved Feb 6,2019 from -content/uploads/2018/09/ANNUAL -REPORT2017 -2018 -1.pdf
- Hyunh, T.M. (2014). Population Health and Health Care·(CIHI). Re trieved from
- McKinsey & Company, (2001). Effective Capacity Building in Nonprofit Organizations. Retrieved from le/content/916639/viewContent/6610977/View
- Statistics Canada (2015). Social participation and the well being and properly being of Canadian seniors. Retrieved on Feb 6, 2019 from -003 -x/2012004/article/11720 -eng. htm