Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health
Remember! This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper by one of our expert writers.Get custom essay
99 writers online
In my work I have a duty of care to the young people I work with. This means their health, safety, wellbeing and emotional development is my responsibility. For me to do this I follow company policies and procedures and when needed seek advice from the appropriate people.
Ac3. Explain where to get additional support and advice about conflicts and dilemmas.
While at work for any support I need I firstly will talk to the other member of staff I am on shift with. After that I may call a senior in the office or the out of hour’s duty manager. If problems are still not solved then for the safety of the young person I may need to call the police depending on the situation.
Ac1. Describe how to respond to complaints.
If a yp wants to make a complaint about anything my first action would be to try and resolve the issue myself. After that it may need to go higher up to a senior or my manager, failing that I would assist the yp to fill in a complaint form and then hand it to the manager who would then take the appropriate action from thee.
Ac2. Explain the main points of agreed procedures for handling complaints.
• Minor/informal complaints such as a yp complaining about the décor in their bedroom may be dealt with by staff verbally but it still must be recorded on a complaint form and handed to the operations manager. A record will be made in the complaints log. The complaint will be dealt with in 14 days and a written response will be given to the complainant regarding the outcome.
• Serious complaints must be written down within two working days and be fully responded to in writing. The complaint must be handed to the operations manager who then should notify the managing director of keys using a complaint referral form. All serious complaints must be resolved within 35 days.
• All serious/written complaints must be recorded briefly on a complaints form and in the central complaints file. They will be counted and audited on a monthly basis. The full investigation details will be filed in an individual investigation file.
• The operations manager must ensure all serious complaints are entered onto the weekly complaints report by the nominated office.
• Any complaint received externally must be logged in the homes central record and copies of any correspondence must also be held in the home.
• Copies of any correspondence and the fully completed appendix one must be sent to the complaints administrator at Rawtenstalll office who will ensure the checklist id fully completed.